Monday, April 14, 2008

Christmas on $0

That's right.  Christmas on zero dollars.  This is my new challenge.  So far I have gifts that have cost me nothing for my kids, my parents, my brother, and my spouse.  For example, this weekend I got two free items worth $11 apiece at Bath & Body Works (they had a coupon on the Internet).  Start now, right?  I'm hoping to accumulate enough free items by December to make Christmas less stressful, so we can focus on the true meaning (that would be the birth of our Savior).  I'm getting these wonderful items free by signing up on the web.  If you see a great freebie, let me know!

2 comments:

Mrs. Webfoot said...

This is a really old post, but I'm wondering if you actually did Christmas on $0.

Did you do any regifting?

BassoonJedi said...

Yes, I did! I didn't do any regifting. I was a subscriber at another website where people posted about great free deals they found on the internet, so that made finding the deals very easy. I signed up for a lot of things... some of them never made it to my mailbox, but most of them did.

This year we bought $1 colored glass plates and bowls from Wal-Mart and decorated them with Quik-Set craft glue, floral marbles and lead-free solder twisted into artistic shapes. The plates and bowls were transformed into beautiful chip-and-dip sets that everyone loved.

Another great gift for "the people who have everything" has been photo albums from Snapfish. Our older relatives really appreciate those.